Sunday, April 22, 2012

If I had to count...

It’s the end of one of those weekends that lasted three nights. Three nights with a boyfriend visiting from out of town. We know what that means. Lots of eating and drinking.

If I had to count, I would count 10 glasses of champagne, 3 red wines and 2 vodka sodas over the course of the weekend. I’m not sure about you, but that doesn’t exactly qualify as #balance.

But then again, I do have justifications.

After five years of dating, we’ve spent the last eight months living on separate coasts, meaning we only see each other once or twice a month. So, while last weekend I did buckle down, study hard, eat right and not drink at all, this weekend I let loose and had fun with my favorite person in the world. There were drinks at Eataly followed by a homemade Italian feast, steak frites at Les Halles in the Financial District, an amazing dinner at Scarpetta in the Meatpacking, out with friends on the Lower East Side and brunch at Kutsher’s Tribeca.

So, while it might have been a weekend of excess, I do it so rarely, that in my book, that’s #balance because I got to share so much special time with someone that I miss very much.

To regain my sanity, back to a healthy diet of fresh fruits and veggies and lean meats this week.

So, cheers to a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment