Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Food Pyramid is long gone...

The Food Pyramid is long gone...Call it the color wheel!!

I saw this today and had to post, as it’s very reflective of my dieting philosophy. Fruits and vegetables are your best friend when trying to achieve #balance.

Since my weekend of fun (eating and drinking) I’ve gone back to my healthy ways. Oatmeal for breakfast, and fruit and salads with lean meat the rest of the day.

I even restrained myself yesterday when my office got free Chipotle for lunch. OK, I did not say no to a free lunch, but I did say no to the burrito and instead got a healthy salad with chicken, salsa and guacamole, holding the beans, rice, sour cream and cheese. A sacrifice, yes. But worth it... and still delicious!

Going to a concert tonight, which will most likely mean a cocktail or... two... three... ok, I’m not counting. BUT I did make the restaurant suggestion, suggesting Pio Pio in Hell’s Kitchen. The rotisserie chicken and avocado salad... YUM! Small plates are great for sharing and portion control.



Food Color Wheel

No comments:

Post a Comment