Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Did you say free?!

Eating less sweets has been going…relatively ok. I realized that a lot of the sweets, and generally unhealthy food for that matter, comes from free food at work. There are vendors in and out of the office all week who bring in anything from sandwiches, pizza and barbeque to cookies, brownies and beer.  And I’m not just talking about your regular deli sandwich. I mean, gourmet, delectable sandwiches and made-from-scratch cornbread and gigantic, irresistible cupcakes. Then, there are also the work happy hours where there is more free food on top of free booze. The happy hours haven’t been a problem for me because I usually have to leave for my evening classes before they begin, but with summer quickly approaching, this could be a problem. Roof tops and expensive cocktails. How could I say no? I think this week I’ll add in resisting the free food at the office along with my slow cutoff of sweets. Sometimes it’s just so hard when it’s sitting there right in front of me! I need to remember that just because it’s free, doesn’t mean I need to eat it.

On another note, I don’t know if this running thing is going to work. It’s just so…borrrrinnnngggg. And my headphones broke last week, and I haven’t had a chance to buy new ones. Now running is even more boring than ever. I think I might need to switch up my goal. The motivation is dwindling here.

Oye. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment