Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Crunch Time

It’s crunch time, and no, I’m not talking about getting a workout in after a long day.

Group projects, finals and deadlines at work are all rearing their ugly heads, forcing me to truly work hard to achieve #balance. A big part of this is eating right. Yet somehow, during an incredibly busy and stressful week, I managed to stick to a diet of mostly fruits, veggies, whole grains and lean meats. Ok. And lots of caffeine. (And maybe a delicious dark chocolate covered pretzel or two).

Part of making this possible on an ongoing basis has been integrating a trip to the grocery store into my weekly routine. Often times, even two or three times a week to keep fresh food on hand. Even yesterday, after a 14 hour day, I got off the train 2 stops early for a pit stop at Whole Foods in Tribeca. I was, after all, craving the salad bar. In the shopping card? Kale salad and chicken for dinner. And to get me through the rest of the week? LOTS of fruit for snacking. 



To top it all off, my walk home was beautiful and refreshing.

Now, I feel fit and healthy. Eating good just feels so right sometimes. But hey, I’m by no means perfect, and after an exhausting week which consisted of studying all last weekend, I am treating myself to a glass of wine as we speak :)

P.S. Hesitant about trying kale in a salad? Get over it. It’s amazing.


P.S.S. Snack on THIS!


Mixed Berries

No comments:

Post a Comment