Friday, April 13, 2012

The End of Cheese


So can I still have beer? No cheese. Fine. No eggs. Fine. No spinach artichoke crab dip. Fine. But can I still have beer? The answer was yes and so I committed to being a vegan. We all have our limits. Beer was mine. But in all honesty if giving up beer meant that I would lose 20 pounds and be the epitome of health I would probably do it. Maybe.
I am a beer drinking vegan. Nice to meet you.
I began my diet of NOs at the beginning of January in an effort to lose weight. I’d heard story after story of people losing weight after becoming a vegan. I was already a vegetarian so it wasn’t that big of a leap. Two months later I haven’t lost much weight but I do feel better and I feel in control of my diet. I know that whatever I put in my body is good for me and that’s a great feeling. There are no complex rules, just a honed list of healthy foods. No adding points, counting calories, eliminating carbs, warding off fruit or eating only meat. People swear (me included) that they could never be a vegan because it would be too hard. After doing it I found out it was just the opposite. It’s the easiest diet to stick to that I’ve ever had. It’s the easiest diet to remain committed to. All diets have their restrictions and all diets eventually fail. Being a vegan is a lifestyle and it’s way easier than any fad out there.
Through this blog I will share my journey. I’ll share my challenges, triumphs, tips, recipes, feelings and a personal account of a regular girl trying her best to become happy in body and spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment